Furnace Heating Maintenence – Dupage, Kane and Cook Counties
Why is it important to have proper maintenance for your heating system?
Just like you, your furnace needs an annual checkup so that it can operate efficiently and last for a long time. Our professional heating service technicians can quickly and efficiently diagnose any problems with your heater and look for signs of problems that may come up later on. If maintained properly, your heating system should last you 20-25 years. Some of the many benefits maintaining your furnace properly will give you are:
- Safety from gases leaking into your home, such as carbon monoxide. A dirty, inefficiently burning furnace can produce deadly amounts of this gas.
- A longer lifetime for your furnace
- Lowering your energy costs and saving you money
Remember, maintaining your furnace is cheap compared to making repairs or having to replace it, so call Precision Plumbing, Heating and Cooling services today!
How does it work?
In oil burning furnaces as well as gas furnaces, the process is fairly simple. Fuel and air combine, are ignited, and heat a sealed combustion chamber. Fresh air blows across the outside of the chamber into heating ducts. Homes with radiators will have boilers instead of furnaces, which heat water and not air. If the combustion chamber is properly sealed, air is vented out through a flue or chimney.
The older your furnace is, the more important it is to have regular maintenance checkups. In newer furnaces, if something is not working correctly they are equipped to shut off automatically. Older furnaces on the other hand will continue working improperly and can eventually cause dangerous conditions in your home. Small cracks can develop in the sealed combustion chamber that let out dangerous poisonous gas into your home.
How do I know when there are problems?
- You may see flakes of rust at the bottom of the furnace housing. Over time, flakes may fall on the burners of your furnace and impede gas flow, which can harbor moisture and cause more rust to form. Our service technicians can take out the burners for you and clean them, to prevent this from happening.
- Unusual noises coming from the furnace, such as chattering or clunking.
- A yellow flame. The flame should normally be blue, but if not this indicates that there is dirt in the burner.
If you’re experiencing any of these issues, or just want to be sure your system continues running properly, call Precision Plumbing, Heating and Cooling. We will offer you professional service at a reasonable cost, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week… Is today soon enough?